LAST UPDATE – April 19, 2019
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- When speaking to you directly.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising on third-party websites and services.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use or provide any information about yourself on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this Website and the Services offered through it, are offered strictly in the United States. By using this Website and/or providing information to WorkCompOne.com, you hereby affirmatively consent to the transfer and use of your information in the United States.
II. Information We Collect About You
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Identity Information which includes first name, last name, title, username and password, and social security number and/or EIN or similar identifier.
- Contact Information including business name, mailing address, telephone number and email address.
- Transactional Information about your transactions with us or our partners including your insurance coverages, limits and rates, and payment and claims history, and any quotes that you may have received through our Website, along with any information that may be required for billing and payment.
- Technical Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details including the Website that linked you to ours, your computer operating system, and the pages you viewed on our site. Some Websites, including ours, may also store "cookies" on your computer or other tracking technologies such as pixels, and end-user Website activity.. Cookies collect technical data, like your Internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, and session ID. They can also save certain information entered by you.
- Marketing and Communication Information about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our partners, as well as other preferences and feedback that you may provide.
- Profile Information including details about your business such as your product preferences, and other characteristics of your business which assist us in providing you with a quote including, but not limited to, zip code, business type, number of employees, and payroll figures
- Aggregated Information such as statistical or demographic information. Aggregated information does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your usage information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature, but this information will not include any identity information.
III. How We Collect Your Information
We collect your information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies;
- From third parties, for example, our business partners, or publicly available sources.
The technologies we may use for automatic information collection include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. This technology will transmit non-personally identifiable information about you to us or our service providers. We use the information to analyze our marketing efforts. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website. (See, Your Choices About How We Can Use and Disclose Your Information.)
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies. (See, Your Choices About How We Can Use and Disclose Your Information.)
- Web Beacons. Pages of our this Website, and our e-mails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity). For information about managing your privacy and security settings. (See, Your Choices About How We Can Use and Disclose Your Information.)
Please Note: We do not have control over the placement of cookies by other Websites, even if you are directed to them from our Website. We also do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About How We Can Use and Disclose Your Information.
IV. How We May Use Your Information
We may collect use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal information from and about users of our Website, including:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information and to allow you to participate in the interactive features on our Website. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our Services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry;
- To improve and personalize our Website or the Services that we offer or provide through this Website, as well as any other customer experiences, and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email with your consent, where required;
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, databases and other technology assets, and business or any Services we may offer or provide through this Website (including troubleshooting, information analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of information);
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any Services we may offer or provide through it;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of WorkCompOne.com, our customers, or others or to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request, or for the purpose of exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- To perform other functions we may described to you or that you may request at the time of collection; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
WorkCompOne.com will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
If you do not want us to use your information in any of these ways, please adjust your user preferences in your internet account profile. (For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.)
V. How We May Share Your Information
We may disclose your information, for example, where required to provide insurance quotes or customer service, prevent fraud, perform research, or comply with the law. Recipients include, for example, our family of insurance companies, claims representatives, service providers, consumer reporting agencies, insurance agents and brokers, law enforcement, courts and government agencies. These parties may disclose the information to others as permitted by law. (For example, Consumer reporting agencies may disclose Transaction Information received from us to other insurance companies with which you do business.) Additionally, where permitted by law, we may also disclose Contact and/or Transaction Information to service providers that help us market our products. These service providers may include financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements
We may also, where permitted by law, share your information as follows:
- To our affiliates and business partners to assist in providing the Services that you have requested. These affiliates and business partners are bound by both law and contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of WorkCompOne.com’s assets in which personal information held by WorkCompOne.com about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill any other purpose disclosed by either us or you when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
VI. Information You Post on Our Support Community
VII. How We Protect Your Information
WorkCompOne.com takes commercially reasonable steps to secure your information and protect against loss and unauthorized access, use and disclosure, alteration, or destruction of your information. We restrict access to your Nonpublic Personal Information to our employees and others who we feel must use it to provide our products and services. Their use of the information is limited by law, our employee code of conduct, and written agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
VIII. Your Choices About How We Can Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Below are some of the mechanisms that you can use to control the use and disclosure of your personal information through this Website.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for promotional purposes, you can always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address and/or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out at any time by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have already sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or by following the instructions contained in the newsletter emails.
- Emails. When you quote or buy insurance through our Website, we collect your email address so that we can send you emails concerning your transactions with us, and other information we think you'll find useful. Some of these messages are required, service-related messages for policyholders. Examples of service-related messages include, but are not limited to: a welcome/confirmation email when you complete a quote application, notification of a purchased policy, or correspondence with WorkCompOne’s support team. These messages are not promotional in nature. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages from WorkCompOne, unless you are no longer a customer.
WorkCompOne may also offer optional email newsletters. You must opt-in or subscribe to begin receiving newsletters, and subscription is available to both customers and non-customers. You may unsubscribe from optional newsletters by sending us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or by following the instructions contained in the email.
We will not share your email address with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent.
Please Note: To ensure that you get our emails, our service provider or we may receive confirmations when you open them or click through email links. These confirmations may also show whether your email application supports graphics, so we can tailor our messages to you. We will also share your email address with your selected agent or broker.
- Links to other Websites. Our Website contains links to other sites that are not ours. These links are solely for your convenience. We make no warranties or representations about other websites. We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. We recommend that you read the privacy and security policies of these sites, as they may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
IX. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
WorkCompOne.com does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, our Website does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) Signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you do not wish to be tracked, you can set your browser to Do Not Track, so that these sites are alerted that you do not wish to be tracked.
X. How You Can Access and Correct Your Information
To correct information about you, send a written request as described above, explaining your desired correction. Within 45 business days of receiving your request, we will either make the requested correction or tell you why we cannot. For example, we cannot correct Consumer Report Information, such as your credit report. To do this, you must contact the consumer reporting agency that provided it. If we make your requested correction, we will notify you in writing. If required by law, we will also notify others who may have given it to or received it from us. If we refuse to make the requested correction, you may file a concise written statement about why you object, including the information you think is correct. Your statement will then become part of your file.
We cannot delete all of your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
XII. Contact Information